Thursday, January 24, 2008

My First Blog

What exactly is a blog anyway? Merriam Webster says:
Main Entry:
blog
Pronunciation:
\ˈblȯg, ˈbläg\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
short for Weblog
Date:
1999
: a Web site that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writer
— blog·ger noun
— blog·ging noun


This is my first attempt at blogging....ever. I've heard its the thing to do whilst traveling, that its a great way to document and process a journey. Soooooo, seeing as I'm leaving for India on February 7th, and I aim to remember as many challenges, embarrassments, people, places, customs, stories, and unique experiences as possible, I decided to start a blog. In the past while traveling in Guatemala, I inundated friends with tediously long e-mails attempting to summarize my week. Not only was it overwhelming to record so much all at once in a crowded internet cafe, I'm sure my poor friends bored after the first paragraph. I'm hoping several succinct postings will reduce their boredom and increase my time spent actually experiencing India, which IS the point, right? Here we go.....

1 comment:

Andalee said...

Since you're on blogger you can post pictures too...Oh but wait, you'd need to have a laptop or something with you. Hmmm.